A dismal and dreary day saw an extremely frustrated home side draw 1 -1 with their visitors at Bottom Meadow.

It started well for Barton with clearances needed to be made by Erin and Sue.  However it was an afternoon of “almosts” and some interesting balls played through the middle for Sandhurst forwards were either sent too far or were intercepted by Barton’s defence.  Faye made a good move down the right and crossed into Shellie, however she had to turn 360 degrees to get on target.  Her shot went wide.  Sally intercepted well from a goal kick and passed a cheeky ball through to Shellie who shot wide of the mark.  Sarah and Grace covered well on the counter-attack and Nicola looked the most likely to cause damage throughout the first half.  Faye hit the side netting and when Jess replaced Alicia she took up a ball from Faye who had switched sides and made progress down the right wing.  Shannon cleared well at the back but then there was a complete misunderstanding with Cora in goal where the ball ricocheted off both players and went to the net, giving Barton the advantage, despite Sandhurst having the majority of play.

Further attacks from Sandhurst ensued and Shellie shot well into the goalkeeper’s arms, followed by an attack from Faye, who dodged some players but the ball was put out for the corner.  Nicola stepped up to take a superb corner stretching to the propelling Shellie who nodded it into the net for a fantastic equaliser. 1-1.

Read more

Sandhurst Ladies FC were hosts to neighbours Yateley United for their first game of the 2016/17 season.  Early Yateley pressure led to the first goal for them when the ball trickled under Shellie, who was in goal at the beginning of the match.  This was unfortunate for the home side but did not phase them as they put pressure on Yateley for much of the first half.  Jess crossed the ball well into the path of Charaine, who took it out wide and won a corner.  Jess took this and Grace got hold of it but shot over the top.  Charaine linked well with Alicia, whose passes up field were accurate and close to goal.  Faye put a great effort in up front linking with Shannon who had one or two half chances. 

Evenly matched throughout the first half, Sandhurst did however have the majority of possession.  Charaine once again took the ball down the left wing and into the penalty box shooting at the keeper, who touched the ball over.  Jess and Sally took turns in taking the corners and it looked promising for the Fizzers. Sally worked hard in midfield and Grace and Sarah chased back well on several occasions to make some saving clearances. Good further play from the Sandhurst Ladies followed and some competitive play from Erin and Shannon, led to a free kick but Jess put it just wide.  However, Yateley broke out of defence when they could and pushed forward.  An unfortunate event ensued when Shellie sent the ball out to Jess, who was dispossessed in the box and Yateley capitalised by scoring their second goal.  It led to a change of goalkeeper and Faye C took over in goal.  

Read more